“Home Study” is offered to students in Year 13 as an acknowledgement of the attainment of high standards in your basic participation in school. Embedded at the bottom of this post on our website is the list of the students who are eligible for Home Study for the next two weeks. You appear on this list if you:
- Have zero unjustified absences for the last fortnight (up until the end of Friday 8 February)
- Have a fortnightly grade for your engagement and attitude of three or better for the same period
Students on this list may leave the school site during any study periods, provided you sign out via the student desk.
Having a “home study” does not exempt you from any of your other commitments in the school, particularly your commitment to Whanau.
This list will be re-set every fortnight.
If you are a hostel student, your ‘home study’ eligibility will be accumulated for the duration of Term One and will be one of the factors governing decisions about exeat and home study in the terms to come.
Here are just some of the amazing up and coming events and opportunities;
- Saturday 9th March Comprehensive First Aid course. Go to the site to find out how incredibly useful and literally lifesaving this will be: https://wpfirstaid.co.nz/comprehensive-first-aid-3/ The course will be run on the school campus. Sign up Here
- Coaching clinic; Friday 5th April. Sign up at the Sports Hub
- Youth EnviroLeaders’ Forum (YELF). YELF brings together 55 secondary school students who are passionate about the environment for a week-long leadership development adventure! YELF 2019 is from 12-18 April 2019 and will be in Waikato and Rotorua. Applications close midnight 22 February 2019. For more information, to watch our apply now video, and to send your application, go to: https://sirpeterblaketrust.org/youth-enviroleaders-forum
- The Pacific Project is an annual trip for high school students that educates participants on New Zealand’s relationship with the Pacific. It combines a week at the prestigious UN Youth Australia National Conference with an educational study tour to Vanuatu. You can find out more and apply at https://unyouth.org.nz/event/pacific-project
- Lattitude Global Volunteering offer travel gap year programmes with a purpose. They will be offering an information night in Queenstown on March 6th. Details can be found at https://lattitude.org.nz/useful-info/attend-info-night/
- Polytechnic and University visits; the first of these presentations will be Otago Polytechnic on Thursday the 28th February at Lunchtime in Room 23. Check out the EVENTS calendar on the Year 13 website for future university visits.
- Careers Info session at lunchtime next Tuesday February 19th: Electrical Training
Keep up the positive momentum in Whanau this week, it is definitely appreciated.
Best of luck to those competing and volunteering tomorrow in the Challenge.Year-13-Student-Home-Study-Sheet.-2019-Weeks-1-2