Phew! Things are starting to accelerate – and today’s Year Level meeting reflected this with so many matters on the agenda.
Debra from the Electoral Commission visited and provided a rationale and opportunity to get yourself on the electoral roll. You can also do this online here. Remember you can register on the roll when you are 17.
Chris made a short announcement about his intention to improve the school’s handling of differences in opinion about the meaning of the term ‘appropriate’ in our policies about students’ clothing and personal grooming. The starting point for this conversation will come in the form of a position document from us as deans. If you’d like to help us write this position, please get in touch.
Liz will be in touch about her offer for you to get involved in supporting the electoral process locally.
Contracts – these were given out at the beginning of the year. There are a number of you who have not yet returned these to the office. If this applies to you, please go to the office and get a new one.
There continue to be many visits from representatives from a number of tertiary institutions. Remember you can check the Careers Website, the Year 13 Calendar and the Notices section of this weekly letter to ensure you don’t miss the moment that may define your future.
The Service Committee presented their plans for the Relay for Life. You can sign up here
- The Upper Clutha Youth Council is looking for new members!
- If you are interested in creating activities and having a positive influence on the youth of the Clutha Region, then this is the place for you. UCYC is a youth-run organization that runs fun and safe events.
- The Upper Clutha Youth Council would love to have any new members from year 7,8 and 9 but anyone is welcome to join! Our organization helps the young people of our town have fun and safe activities and help give a voice to our peers.
- Please email us or attend one of our meetings for we would love for all of the awesome young members in our community to join us!
- For more information, you can email: [email protected] or show up to one of our meetings on Tuesdays 3:45 pm at Kahu Youth.
- University Presentations on Friday include:
- Auckland Uni at 8:30am in the Careers Room (urspace)
- Victoria Uni at Lunchtime in Room 23. All welcome.
- First Aid Course #1 will be in the ECR on Saturday starting at 9 am. See you there