It was great to re-connect with you all at Year Level today in our new space in the Science department. There was a lot to praise: You’ve made an excellent start to the year and the feedback we’ve been receiving about you has been positive across the board.
In specific: Your attendance is excellent. Your conduct and attitude is exemplary. Your maturity in your engagement and level of communication with us has been outstanding.
- The hostel team asked us to remind you of the following boundaries for your visits there:
Monday – Thursday : after school until 5.30pm only
Friday after school until curfew
Saturday until curfew
Sunday not at all.
- Kahu Youth are very keen to get your input into the focus of their future direction. They have an online survey which you can fill out here: Here’s the link: https://goo.gl/forms/t7exFCPXGInb7DHA2
- Career Presentations; please sign up to attend any of the following information sessions. You are welcome to bring your lunch. Other sessions are posted on the MAC careers website.
- Otago Polytechnic on Friday 8th March at 1:15 pm in Room 23 Here’s the form
- Victoria University Friday 8th March in Room 23 at 1:15 pm Here’s the form
- GAP YEAR information; Thursday (yes tomorrow) at Lunchtime in Room 23 with Nancy from Banff Canada. Check out this option of ‘Living the dream’ here.
- Babysitting Job in Albert Town Here are the details
- MONEY- HUB is my new best friend. When you’re feeling like doing some job exploration or scholarship searching this could be your go-to website. Have a play – I guarantee you will all find at least one useful tip.
- Youth Forum; Aotearoa Youth Declaration 2019 is a four-day conference run in April each year at the University of Auckland for high school-aged rangatahi (youth aged 13-18) from around Aotearoa who want to make a difference. Read more here
We have been getting some amazing feedback from staff about the great vibe of the year group. You guys are truly making your mark and setting a positive tone around the school.
This letter and all the information you need is always accessible at http://year13.mtaspiring.edutronic.net/
Here are some opportunities and events coming up:
- Team Up conferences for students and parents start next Wednesday. We encourage you all to go regardless of whether your parents are here or not. Bookings for Team Up conferences can be made at https://www.schoolinterviews.co.nz/ using the code 4g4r7
- Weekend day job at ‘Hook’ for aspiring front of house waitstaff. See Charlotte for more info
- Coaching clinic; Friday 5th April. Sign up at the sports hub
- First Aid Course; Saturday 9th March from 9-5 pm. You will gain a fully funded Comprehensive First Aid certificate. Limited places for Year 13 only. See link here
- Save the 5th – 6th May for the Otago Tertiary Trip. This will be an overnighter to Dunedin to check out Otago University and Otago Polytechnic. Approximate cost is $80
- New Students with Special Learning Arrangements – please see Mrs Dawn Bosley ASAP. You can find Mrs Bosley in the workroom or HQ or email her at [email protected]
Netball News from the Sports Committee
Registration for Year 9 – 13 close on Friday 22nd February 2019
Please keep the following dates free:
Senior A,B, C & D.Monday 25th February 4-6pmWednesday 27th February 4-6pmMonday 4th March – invite only 3.45pm – 5.45pm (A&B)Thursday 7th March – 4-6pm (C&D)
The above trials are at the Wanaka Recreation Centre. Attendance is compulsory. If you are unable to attend any of the above trial dates please email the club at[email protected] attn Karlee Fox
Senior Social – whilst you are not required to trial, registration is compulsory. We will meet with all players after registrations close.
Please spread the word to all friends who are interested in playing this season and get them to join our Facebook page
Have a great weekend.
Charlotte and Chris