It was great to re-connect with you all at Year Level today in our new space in the Science department. There was a lot to praise: You’ve made an excellent start to the year and the feedback we’ve been receiving about you has been positive across the board.
In specific: Your attendance is excellent. Your conduct and attitude is exemplary. Your maturity in your engagement and level of communication with us has been outstanding.
- The hostel team asked us to remind you of the following boundaries for your visits there:
Monday – Thursday : after school until 5.30pm only
Friday after school until curfew
Saturday until curfew
Sunday not at all.
- Kahu Youth are very keen to get your input into the focus of their future direction. They have an online survey which you can fill out here: Here’s the link: https://goo.gl/forms/t7exFCPXGInb7DHA2
- Career Presentations; please sign up to attend any of the following information sessions. You are welcome to bring your lunch. Other sessions are posted on the MAC careers website.
- Otago Polytechnic on Friday 8th March at 1:15 pm in Room 23 Here’s the form
- Victoria University Friday 8th March in Room 23 at 1:15 pm Here’s the form
- GAP YEAR information; Thursday (yes tomorrow) at Lunchtime in Room 23 with Nancy from Banff Canada. Check out this option of ‘Living the dream’ here.
- Babysitting Job in Albert Town Here are the details
- MONEY- HUB is my new best friend. When you’re feeling like doing some job exploration or scholarship searching this could be your go-to website. Have a play – I guarantee you will all find at least one useful tip.
- Youth Forum; Aotearoa Youth Declaration 2019 is a four-day conference run in April each year at the University of Auckland for high school-aged rangatahi (youth aged 13-18) from around Aotearoa who want to make a difference. Read more here